Unlike fireworks, thunderstorms are difficult to predict and can last for long periods of time.
Some dogs can become so worried about these events they may try to escape the noise by jumping through doors, windows, climbing fences or hiding under houses.
If your dog suffers from noise phobia please try the following to lessen the stress of these events and in-turn keep your dog safe:
- Know your dogs safe place (most dogs will have one, it may be inside or outside)
- Allow access to their safe place
- Regularly check fences and gates for holes and gaps.
- Look for signs of stress, they can be small; pacing, salivating, vocalising, scratching or anything outside the odinary.
- Talk to your Vet about mediations and training aids that help keep them calm.
Post a Comment